Much love to All.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Is it spring yet?..

 This pattern is from a book by Susan Bates
Called Nature
Done in three layers
English paper piece then layered
On top of honey comb fabric . All hand
Stitched and finished in a hoop.
 Pattern by Prairie schooler
Book 108
Farm fresh.
Not fully finished yet but made the
 Cording.  I missed this piece, so I restitched
It.  I need spring.  Do you?
 Pattern by Hands on designs
Sunshine on a stem.
Changed the colors to make it brighter.

Will finish with a special fabric
 The star piece is by JBW Designs
In the 2010 JCS ornament issue.
Done in miss piggy purple silk
By the thread gatherer.  Done
On 32ct raw Opal belfast linen

The bunny is a small prairie schooler
Freebie.

If you want to learn how to finish round 
And oval pieces.  I have a tutorial herehttps://youtu.be/8EwVFL9sASE
From the JCS ornament issue 2017
Noel Pg 95
Finished one felt.  Used mini
Brads.  Such a rustic  design
With bright colors.
One will be a gift.
A piece I stitched 7 times before.
Peace by blackbird designs
From the JCS ornament issue
2009
I can't believe
I stitche
This will be a year of gifting and this
Is a perfect piece.
I switched up the colors this time.
My piece done in blue and the
Other houses done in a garnet silk.
They will be shipped to their new homes
I stitched these several years ago and
It is posted on my blog if you scroll back
You can see 
 how I did them.
I made each one a tiny bit different


I do not knit and wish I did.


Give her a visit to her etsy.  Well packaged and great
Prices.  These socks or gorgeous and the talent involved, 
Amazing.
I have been working with fabric
A small patch quilt.
The other day I had about 2 dozen cardinals
At my feeder.  My daughter called
Me the cardinal whisperer.

A redheaded woodpecker,  he was pretty big.

I hope everyone is having a great January.

If you want more detals on my projects
You can watch My video herehttps://youtu.be/ySAIGz1fwu4

Happy stitching🌻🌻🌻

13 comments:

MartinaM said...

Wow, so many nice and beautiful projekts, they all looks great.
We dont have cardinals in our garden, so i love to watch your picture.
Martina

Kay said...

You have been busy. I particularly love the Peace ornaments, and also the sunshine on a stem. x

gracie said...

Fantastic projects. I love having birds in the garden...I have a woodpecker who visits my hummingbird feeder! Practically tips the entire thing upside down.

Robin in Virginia said...

Cindy, I like the new blog header. What a super piece (Peace) to stitch and I love how you customized it. I enjoyed seeing your other finishes as well. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cardinal pictures.

Vickie said...

Yay! Your projects make me happy Cindy. Especially Sunshine and the bunny.😘

Anonymous said...

All of your pieces are beautiful. Your Sunshine on a Stem made me smile. Love it! - Abbie

Carol said...

How nice to see some spring stitching, Cindy! I am still stitching winter things and need to make a change soon. Love all of the Peace ornaments--their recipients will love them. They look nice in your header, too.

Oh, I love seeing cardinals--they remind me of my father. When I see one in my yard, I always say "Hi, Papa!" to it :)

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching and quilting Cindy! I'm ready for spring so it's nice to see some bunnies and pastel colours.

RJ said...

Cindy you have stitched so many lovely pieces. I love them all. The bee piece is very interesting and so pretty. I have made the first PS bunny and love that stitch. Your spring stitching is so pretty. I can't wait to start on bunnies too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Marilyn said...

Cute Spring finishes.
Love the little Bunny on the dark fabric, so cute.
Marilyn

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely post full of wonderful crafting, Cindy. Everything looks so great. And great finishing as well.

Penny said...

I'm counting down the days until spring. : ) You have stitched some lovely pieces -- those bunnies are sweet! I'll have to check out your tutorial when I get a chance. And I love your little quilt! Wow, that's a lot of cardinals -- you really are the cardinal whisperer. : )They are such pretty birds. I especially love to see them on a snowy day.

butterfly said...


What a great post , lots of beautiful stitching, and great crafts .