I have be gone for a while. I moved into my new
apartment 5-23-15. Love the location, view, etc.
My first ER visit was on 7-23-15. I have never
called an ambulance in my life. I started having
a hard time breathing and my throat was closing
up. The ER said probably allergies. My friends
prompted me to check my HVAC system. When
I opened the door it was covered in black mold.
I had no idea how dangerous this could be. I went
to the office and maintenance came and put new
filter and cleaned up. NextR visit was 9-5-15.
I was so weak, dizzy, felt like someone was stabbing
my head with an ice pick. My left foot had pain. My
left ear has been clogged since 7-23-15 with ringing.
The did a CAT scan,nothing. One of my friends
said it had to be the apartment I am never sick and
I do not go to the ER ever. I checked the hepa
filter I bought less then a month ago. I decided to
check the HVAC unit. The filter was black with
mold and it was less then 30 days in the system.
I bought a standing air filter for my office
delivered 8-18-15 and checked that filter. Once
again,black. No wonder I was so sick. I left
the apartment 9-5-15 and have never returned.
I tried to get the air tested, the complex refused
to let me test the air. My brother in law has a
special camera, all of the air ducts were filled
with black mold. No wonder I was so sick. I
worked from home, so I was there a good 19-20
hours a day. I never understood how dangerous
black mold can be. Doctors are clueless on how
to treat it. Took me 4 doctors and I finally found
one due to speaking to a woman who almost
died from the mold herself. If I had stayed there , no question I
would not have survived. Black mold spores
cannot be seen. I lost all of my belongings.
If you bring your things to a new location,
the spores can grow in your new environment.
I lost every cross stitch piece I ever made.
Leaving my grandparents furniture behind
was heart breaking. I am living with my
sister. I have been out of work pretty much
the whole month of September. I am once
again starting over. I am so thankful for
my friends and family. Things really do
not matter. I am trying to find my way
back and recover my health. It will take
time but I know I will be fine.
For information on mold please visit these sites. It saved
my life to know I wasn't alone. And some great
resources. The medical community does not test for
mold unless asked. It causes more things to your body
then you can imagine. If you have an unexplained
illness maybe mold is the cause. I am thankful for
the resources I found. I was only in my apartment
for three months. It shows how it can really work
fast on your body. If I help just one person, this is
worth my time.
There are a lot of sites.
Books I have read:
Suzanne Somers book Tox-Sick covers many things.
Her and her husband almost died from black mold.
The covers many toxins and what the medical
community does not want us to know. I highly
recommend this book
Mold The War withing By Kurt & Lee Billings
What this couple endured from black mold.
There are a ton of stories you can read online.
The internet truly helped me, without it I
wouldn't be on my way recovery.
I have no stitching supplies, no patterns.
Eventually I will get back to stitching
Recovery is my goal at this time.
I know a lot of praying people out there,
they would be greatly appreciated.
Please do not feel sorry for me, I am one of
the lucky ones. Each year 500K people die
to mold related illnesses,most do not get the
proper treatment. Antibiotics and steroids
are the worst thing you can take, it makes
the mold in your body grow more. The two
books really gave me some good guidance.
Happy stitching my friends.