Much love to All.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The long and winding road and Biltmore House, NC

 The Long and Winding Road
By Blackbird Designs.
This is a pattern i got for christmas.
Sent as a gift from my sister Cheryl.
This piece has a couple of meanings to me
My step dad was a huge Beatles Fan.
He passes away several years ago.  
When i hear any Beatles song, I think of him.
We share the same Birthday, New year's Day.
My birthday is always bitter sweet,  he isn't
here to celebrate, but i know he is smiling from
Heaven.  Someday I will see him again.
When I saw the pattern i couldn't wait to stitch
it.  I bought Downton Abbey's first five seasons
and did a marathon of watching.  The sets
and clothing just capture you along with 
the clothing and storyline.  I watched all five
seasons in two and 1/2 weeks.  I stitched this
piece the whole time.  The colors in this piece
capture that time period.  I wanted to find a
great frame for this piece.  So off i went to
many stores.  The frame is actually a mirror.
38.95 I thought was a good price.
It is so hard to find a round frame.  The
vintage look and the metal flowers match
perfectly.  I framed this piece myself.  This
year I am trying a bunch of new things
for my stitching.  This piece makes me smile
everytime i look at it.  It hangs besides my
grandmothers dresser in my bedroom.



 Having just finished watching Downton Abbey,
display throughout the house of the clothes
in the series of Downton Abbey.  
So, My friend Marie and I went
on a road trip.  It is only two hours away and
I have never been to the house.  The house is
the largest in the United States and built by
The Vanderbilts.  What a nice treat.
It's hard to imagine living in something that
big.  I would need a GPS,  and back then
they didn't have GPS.  

 Before going on the tour we stopped at the
bakery first.  Yummy.  A fruit tart.
For lunch we ate at The Bistro in
Antler village by the Estate.
The food was fresh and very good.
I will be going to Ashville again.
So many great restaurants and things
to see. 

17 comments:

Cole said...

Beautiful finish Cindy! And I'm sure it will bring back wonderful memories of your dad every time you look at it :)

Nancy M said...

That's a wonderful piece and full of meaning for you. That's a great frame for it too. We went to the Biltmore house years ago when on a spring break probably over 20 years ago. It's a great place.

Anonymous said...

What a magnificent finish! Just perfect.

Vickie said...

What an excellent job you have done! Beautiful.

Annie said...

Beautiful stitchinvg and the round framing is perfect. Thw Beatles have meaning for so many of us of a certain age.

What fun to rhat Downton trek. And that fruit tart looks delicious.

Brigitte said...

What a beautiful piece you stitched here. I know it's hard to find a good round frame but your idea with the mirror was really creative. And it's looking so good in the mirror frame.
It seems you had a great day at BIltmore House.

Marilyn said...

Winding Road is pretty, it looks good in that frame.
Congrats on your finish.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish! It looks simply stunning in the frame. Your fruit tart looked very good!

Robin in Virginia

Carol said...

What a great finish, Cindy, and one that is filled with lots of memories, I'm sure. It looks so nice in the round frame, too.

Oh, I just love The Biltmore--we visited back in 2012 for our 35th anniversary and I truly felt like I was on the set of Downton Abbey. I still haven't watched the last season--I'm saving it for a special occasion :) You are so lucky to live so close--I'm sure you'll be visiting again!

Frances said...

Your stitching is wonderful and the frame you selected is perfect! How lovely!
I have been to Biltmore--it is truly huge and wonderful!! I go to Brevard every summer, to the Music Center there. I love the gorgeous scenery. Last year we stayed at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville--it was divine!!! I hope to go back there soon.

Lillie said...

Wow ! Stunning! The frame is just perfect.

Maggee said...

One of these days/years, we will go see the Biltmore House! When things settle down... Love the piece you stitched. And the mirror is a perfect fit and look! Wonderful finish! Hugs!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful stitching and the frame is perfect.

Andrea said...

A beautiful finish and the frame you found looks like it was meant for it.

Hazel said...

Stunning finish! Love it. x

Sparky said...

oh you choose such lovely patterns and you bring smiles to my heart...will add you to my blog list so others will smile too..

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a unique and beautiful frame for your finish!