Thank You

To all of my vistors. It is a joy to share my stitching. Anyone who leaves a comment has truly made me smile. Each comment is read and it is greatly appreciated. Happy Stitching.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Latern Santa

Lantern Santa. This pattern is in the 2011 JCS Ornament issue.
Page 52. Pattern by Sue Hillis. I did tweak the pattern a bit.
I did not outline the piece, I liked the simplicity of this look.
This was done for a santa exchange. I added mill hill beads
to the lantern and it really stands out and looks like a real
lantern. The fabric on the back is the fabric you see. The
stars add a nice touch.





21 comments:

Jules said...

Very cute! I love the beads!!

Catherine said...

Very nice! Love the beads!

Alissa said...

Cute pattern and great finish!

Deanne J said...

He's so cute, congrats on the finish

Nancy M said...

Your changes look great!

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish.

gracie said...

Lovely touch with the beads....very nice.

Sonia Facion said...

Beautiful work, congratulations!

Sonia

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

How fun! I just finished this ornament this week, too!
: )

Chris said...

Wonderful finish Cindy!!

Kathy Ellen said...

Love your wonderful Santa. The sparkly stars are a very special touch!

Theresa said...

What a great finish!!!! Adorable~~~

Myra said...

I was just looking at this one a few days ago but decided against it because of the backstitching. Yours looks great without it so I will just have to revisit it.

Lana said...

So cute! Great finish!!

Carol said...

What an adorable finish, Cindy--definitely one of my favorites from this year's ornament issue! The beads are a very nice addition :)

Sally said...

What a sweet finish Cindy.

Ranae said...

A super duper finish

catherine said...

This is so gorgeous
x catherine

Lillie said...

You finished it beautifully.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Cute pattern and very nicely finished!

SewAmy said...

wow, I just finished this pattern. I love the beads you added. I love the way you finishes your ornaments. I wish I knew how to finish my better.